Thursday, July 3, 2008

Berry Fest

As I was sitting around one afternoon, doing whatever it is that I do, I got a call from my friend Jen asking if I could help prep some berries for the Berry Fest at the Ecotrust Farmers market. Of course I said, "where and when". Since this was the day before, all we had to do was hull 'em and quarter 'em. While I was there I also volunteered to help put together the free strawberry shortcakes the next day at the market. The deal was this, buy $5 worth of goods at any booth and they will give you a coupon for a free shortcake.
The next day was great as we prepped, prepared and handed out these little boats of berry love.

Here is a picture of one of the organizer, Anna (the strawberry) with my food friends Michelle and Jen.

And right across from our booth were - CHERRIES!!

Unfortunately I do not have a picture of the blueberry lady - yes a lady dressed as a blueberry.

No comments: