Sunday, May 23, 2010

SLC, Utah / Elko, NV

After 3.5 days in Salt Lake City, Utah I am finally settled in Elko, Nevada for the next three weeks. Matt and I got to spend time togther during the training. It was really nice to be together - minus the no-see-ums and mosquitoes.



I also got to meet some of the people he has talked about for the past 2 years. Here is with Zack and Don.



I am very lucky to have a great partner, Valerie. She has been out here for the previous 2 years and knows the ropes.



Valerie and I drove to Elko on Saturday past the salt flats. This was my first time in Utah and this part of Nevada.



Once in Elko, we immediately went to the decent coffee shop. After taking care of some business, a bunch of us went out for sushi. It was pretty good sushi - especially for Nevada.


Counter-clockwise: Valerie, Jean, Rebecca, Miriam, Luis and Mikal

Tomorrow we start searching for bird nests...and breaking in a new pair of boots (uugh).

No comments: