Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Getting ready for the field

I can't believe I am leaving tomorrow for 3 days in Salt Lake City and 3 weeks in Elko, Nevada. The hardest part is leaving Lavi and Gandalf...Matt will be with me in SLC. Since I am home most of the time with these two, this time it is a lot harder to leave than it use to be. Namir was a trooper, for the most part, although Matt said he would miss me by day 3 and would throw up all over the place - whatever. Speaking of Namir, the 1 year anniversary of his passing is on Friday. It is hard to believe it has been a full year. I am lucky to have Gandalf though, he has filled a big void.



Since I am leaving for a while, I thought I would make Matt some food he could take out of the freezer. I marinated 2 flank steaks and made him 2 batches of chicken enchiladas. I even called the Everyday Food lady on the Martha Stewart Sirius Radio channel to ask about freezing them. She said as long as the chicken was cooked, I should assemble them and then freeze them. He could cook it off later. She also said I was a very good wife :)

My "good wife" enchiladas



It is going to be hard living in a hotel room with only a microwave and mini-fridge. I don't think there are many dining options in the town and in trying to save money I am planning on getting creative. I will keep you posted :)

I did make a double-sided photo accordian to display in the room to help bring home just a little bit closer. I used the Bind-it-all to connect the pieces.





I hope to make some posts about the trip but I don't know how often that will happen after 12-hour work days.

1 comment:

Kennedy said...

Aw, you are a good wife. :) Hope things are going well for you!