Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hillary's Baby Shower Decorations

Yesterday I hosted Hillary's baby shower. She is due in early April and does not yet know the sex. I decided to do a yellow and green elephant theme. It was a ton of fun creating the decorations. I made several green and yellow tissue paper pompoms to hang around the house. In addition, I made this cute banner using my brand new Cricut (THANK YOU KIM!)





I made these mom and baby elephant cookies for the favor. My friend, Kristi, and I spent the day baking and decorating with royal icing.








We also made these life saver pacifiers and glued them together with the royal icing. They were scattered around the tables and hanging on the banner.



On the buffet, I created an elephant themed fruit display...and yes all the fruit is yellow and green on purpose. I stamped the elephants on patterned paper, cut them out and glued them to the picks.



I also made this "cake stand" from cardboard cake boards and canned vegetables. I used it to display the white bean crotini.



I also decorated glass hurricane vases to add height to the buffet. Hillary made the green and yellow cookies.



To drink, I followed Martha Stewart's recipe for sparkling citrus punch (8 c OJ, 1/2 c lemon juice, 1/2 c lime juice, 7 c sparkling water). I used mango OJ and it turned out great. I even froze the lemon and lime slices in some of the juice to keep it cool.

1 comment:

Jennfactor 10 said...

wow. just wow. You know you are now the go-to gal for all celebrations in the pacific northwest now, right?

Beautiful!