Monday, April 20, 2009

1st agility trial

Unfortunately I did not get any photos of Lavi and I in the ring. I was a little bit preoccupied to ask anyone during our first run. Here she is in her crate waiting for her turn.



I am very proud of my little girl and her effort during our first time in the ring. In the beginning she started to do her "zooming" (that is when she takes off and starts running at full speed around the ring and then stops and tries to play catch me if you can)-totally disregarding the course and my instructions. After a few second of that, I told her to go into the tunnel and she did and came back to me. That was huge!! She started doing several obstacles and then she ran to the "table" before our time was up. We had 30 seconds to do as many obbstacles as we could to score points, then a buzzer goes off and she has 5 sec to go to the table...but if they touch the table before the buzzer, the run is over. She hit the table at 22.32 seconds and we only had 13 points at that time (we needed 19 to qualify). Oh well. I am sooo proud of her for coming back to me and getting on course.

We did try a second run a few hours later where there are only 10 obstacles. Well, that one did not go so well. She started "zooming" once her collar was removed and would not focus on the course, so I left the ring and she followed me out.

All in all, I would say her first trial was a success. We have A LOT to work on (like focus) but I really think she enjoyed herself out there. I had fun when she was listening to me.

Here we are chillin' at the trial.



Then on Sunday, we dragged Matt to the NW Pet and Companion Animal Fair. There were tons of rescue dogs and cats for adoption, vendors and activities. Lavi got lots of treats (that she pushed away with her nose) and we picked up many food samples as well.

Here is Matt and Lavi before we headed in to the fair.


Lavi loves having her daddy home!

No comments: