Friday, May 30, 2008

City of Roses

As many of you probably know, Portland is the "City of Roses" - and for good reason. There are tons of roses popping up in the neighborhood and along side the freeways. The city is also preparing for the big Rose Festival next weekend. But what most of you don't know is that roses are very close to my heart as my Hebrew name, Shoshanah, means rose.

Before Matt leaves on Sunday for a long trip in the field, we decided to visit the Portland Rose Test Garden since many of the flowers should be in bloom. This is an amazing free garden with roses from all over the world. We were not disappointed! There were tons of roses in bloom and many not yet up. (I will definately go back in a a few weeks)
Here are some of the beautiful flowers we (and Lavi) enjoyed...









And one thing I try to do everyday of my life is to ...


Stop and smell the flowers!

No comments: