This salad is a holiday mainstay in our household. It originally came from Matt's grandma Nadine, who supposedly got it from the back of a box somewhere (if anyone knows where, please share). It is sooo good and definately worth the patience.
Pomegranate jello salad
6 oz pkg raspberry jello
3 c frozen strawberry (or other berries) - mashed
1 c pomegranate seeds
1 can crushed pineapple - drained
1 can whole cranberry sauce - mashed
1 c sour cream
1 c miniature marshmallows
1. Dissolve jello with 2 cups of hot water.
2. Add frozen berries, pomegranate seeds, pineapple and cranberry sauce to jello mix.
3. Put in fridge to set up (about 2 hours).
4. Swirl sour cream and marshmallows in mixture.
5. Let set overnight.
6. Enjoy the sweet blend of flavors, crunch of the pomegranate seeds, and the way the marshmallows melt in your mouth. Yummmm.